20 Year Limited Warranty
The current 20 Year Limited Warranty policy is a combination of a full coverage period and a prorated period that applies to mattress, modular base, and adjustable base purchases since March 27, 2013:
- First Year: any covered repairs or replacement parts will be at no cost to you.
Smart Comfort covers shipping on returned parts during the first year of coverage.
- 19 Years prorated costs for parts replaced for warranty issues.
Customer responsibility for cost is pro-rated based on the year of ownership, starting at 43% of the retail cost in year two-three and increasing by 4% yearly in years 4-15. For years 15-20, customer cost remains 96%. Prorated costs allow you to replace a part for a fraction of the cost of replacing your adjustable base, bringing you greater value over time.
What is covered:
What is not covered:
- Conditions arising from normal wear and tear. (Conditions arising from a normal wear and tear include, but are not limited to: mattress cover compression, bunching, foam compression, or discoloration of components.)
- Damage from tampering with any component or from opening the Firmness Control System.
- Damage from misuse or abuse of the warranted product or component.
- Damage from laundering or dry-cleaning
- Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.